Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Beach Camping

We drove up the east coast of Florida, north
 of Daytona to enjoy a little beach camping. 
It's only our second try at this. We have a 
Roadtrek van/class B rv that we love to use
 for more comfortable road trips
(especially when we had the doggies)
but have never really planned to camp. 
Well we gave it a try.
 This alone is worth it!  To be able to walk
 the beach each evening after dinner. It
 was a short mini-vacay. Three days at
the beach was just enough.
 Daytime walks always include picking up
 shells. I gathered these for our picnic 
table centerpiece. Gotta have a centerpiece!
Larry knows by now that any nature walk
 with me requires a bag. I'm either picking up
 pinecones or sea shells, occasionally 
Fall leaves, and rocks too.
 Our only camp requirement was a spot on 
the beach with an ocean view. We can check 
availability for last minute trips because they
 are usually just a few hours drive away. We
 keep the van loaded with some essentials, 
so packing is just clothes, beach stuff, 
beach reads, food and beverages. 
 Ah the food! We come prepared!
I prepped all our meals ahead of time. 
Everything was put in Ziplock bags.

Pork chops were seasoned before freezing 
Burgers were seasoned before freezing
Green beans were also prepped. 
French toast oven casserole ingredients 
in a bag with the streusel topping
in a separate bag. 
Easy Oven Eggs mixture-in a bag. 

Three bean salad-Tupperware

Dinners
1. The pork chops were thawed and 
grilled , served with the green beans and
baked (microwaved) sweet potatoes.
2. Hamburgers were thawed and grilled,
served with 3 bean salad.

Breakfasts 
1. French toast casserole was put into a
 small greased baking pan, streusel sprinkled
 on top and baked in the toaster oven. 
2.  Easy Oven Eggs were baked the same 
way the next morning. 

Lunch was chicken sandwiches with
Swiss, lettuce, tomato, avocado on
Italian bread. The usual assortment
of condiments, chips, cookies, snacks
coffee, iced tea, soda, wine,  and 
margaritas. I think we have a secret 
fear of not having our favorite food 
available at all times! 
I even use real plates and utensils. It
takes only minutes to wash the few dishes.

I've been making lots of lists; food,
clothes, toiletries.  I also keep basic
 things in bins so they are ready to go.
I'm still tweaking my system.  

Cheers!


Links: Between Naps On the Porch,
Facebook, 





10 comments:

  1. Love..love..love your organization! I remember those days...having extras in the camper to get on the road without a lot of preparation! What fun....enjoy while you can!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a dream vacay. You would be my choice of who to have with me if I find myself lost on an island somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, where did you go camping? I used to live in Ormond Beach. It looks like you were up in Flagler? Where you at a camp ground or just camping near the beach? I really miss living close to the water and would like to go camping there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gamble Rogers State Park. $23.30 per day for Fl seniors. Can't beat that!

      Delete
  4. Forgot to add, I live in central FL now and really need to go camping near my old area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I know this was last summer, but I found your blog through a Roadtrek Pinterest search. My sweet husband and I might be owners of a new-to-us Roadtrek in the next few weeks if everything works out. I've enjoyed reading this post about your trip and preparations. I'm going to read on! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! Check out my other post on our Roadtrek. Click on Road Trip in the category column on the right to see more. Keep in touch!

      Delete
  6. Gosh, I know this was last summer, but I found your blog through a Roadtrek Pinterest search. My sweet husband and I might be owners of a new-to-us Roadtrek in the next few weeks if everything works out. I've enjoyed reading this post about your trip and preparations. I'm going to read on! LOL

    ReplyDelete